Catalyst: A UI/UX Designathon
Catalyst is a virtual, mini UX/UI designathon that aims to challenge participants to explore how design, innovation, and community interact. In 5 hours, teams of 2-3 people will collaborate to solve a design challenge and build a prototype of an app or a website that addresses modern-day problems. Catalyst is open to all undergraduate students at Boston University, regardless of experience level!
Hosted by FORGE Design Studios, Boston University's pre-professional design community.
**You MUST register with your @bu.edu email in order to participate in this event.
$195 in prizes
$50 gift card to Brattle Bookshop
$50 gift card to Tea-Do Boston
$25 gift card to Brattle Bookshop
$20 gift card to Boston Burger Company
$20 in gift cards to Oppa Sushi
$10 gift card to Brattle Bookshop
$10 gift card to Boston Burger Company
$10 gift card to Oppa Sushi
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
• Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at Boston University
• Project submissions must be submitted by teams of 2-3 people
Submissions are due at 5PM EST on Saturday, October 24th at catalyst.devpost.com
Submission deliverables for all teams:
- A 150-word summary of your design to provide context for the judge's review
- A maximum 3 minute video demo presenting and explaining your team's prototype
- Include a link to your Figma or Adobe XD prototype with your DevPost submission
Product Designer, Wayfair
UI/UX Designer, BU Spark!
Is there a consistent and cohesive visual language throughout the design? Does the design reflect the personas of the target audience?
Is the prototype usable and intuitive? Are the priorities of features clearly reflected? Is the main goal of the app well-communicated?
How original, innovative, and scalable is the concept of the solution? Does the idea solve the challenge topic?
- Social Good